I wrote 5 posts in a row and figured you might need a break from reading about the sale. So I took a few days off, waited for my things to arrive and will wrap it up for the year in this last post. Now it’s decision time! I’ll be doing a video Thursday night where you’ll see pieces close up AND my thought process for what stays and what gets returned. You’ll be able to catch it Live at 6 :30 PST in my Facebook group or on the replay and on Friday on IGTV.
Things are selling out, yet there are many things left. I’ve gone through merchandise pretty carefully to see what is left. I created this widget to encompass activewear, loungewear, sleepwear, a few sunglasses, and various pieces from the home department that have been customer favorites over the years. Note: I was not impressed with handbags this year. Typically I’ve spent a post on handbags! The jewelry didn’t excite me either so I skipped both of those in case you were wondering!
Here are some notes about a few of the items.
- Adding a pocket to the Zella leggings a couple years ago was such a good addition. I still love Zella and I’ve worn it for years. There used to be 1-2 styles of leggings. How that has expanded! I like their long sleeved tees in the recycled fabric. SOO soft! This year they added a jogger in the same fabric. Note there are two styles of jogger. The jackets, the sweatshirts–I’m a fan of it all. I put the jogger in my favorites below.
- Lingerie: Wacoal, Chantelle and Natori are the top brands and almost every customer I help takes advantage of the savings.
- I’ve officially banned myself from buying any more throws. I have all of the ones I recommended. You can’t go wrong with them for your house or for gifts. My husband laughed when I kept buying them 3 consecutive years, but now he loves them too.
- Many women love the fragrance and beauty offers. Since I completely changed over to recommending clean beauty it’s an area I pass on now, but there are some incredible offers if there are brands you are partial to. There’s hair care (Oribe is popular) There are tools. I bought a new hair dryer. Mine is so large and cumbersome. They just don’t wear out, but I decided it was time. I have a flat iron I bought a few years ago and appreciate the savings from some top brands.
- I think it’s hard to find the bath sheets–the larger bath towels and these are so good. Mine really don’t show any wear after 6 years. I would say the same for the sheets.
- I just love my Moonlight pajamas. I have the long, the short and the cropped version. Last year I FINALLY bought a Barefoot Dreams cardigan. When I was an employee we couldn’t shop until the Public Sale. So many things were gone by then. I’m not saying every color/size is left, but there are three styles and I hope you can find one you love because they are AMAZING! I lived in mine working in my basement office this winter!
Favorite Denim: Hands down it is the Paige Hoxton and anything Wit & Wisdom. This Nordstrom brand is gaining a lot of popularity because of the fit. I’ve written about it for two years now–the denim, the shorts and I even found a great denim jacket (not on the sale) that I think will be equally as soft and comfortable. The buy is deep in this brand, but you will see certain styles going fast. I got a slim straight and a boot cut. You simply cannot beat the price so I won’t stop talking about them anytime soon! Favorite Top by Ce Ce: I started seeing this on customers and decided to order it myself. Comfy fabric, great sleeve length and lots of color choices.
Favorite Shoe: Sam Edelman Poppy. If you haven’t jumped on the sneaker trend, or if you’re a little obsessed with them (like me) get these! 49.90 is a steal! Favorite Boot: The Vionic is waterproof and trendy with the lug sole but it’s a moderate one. I got these in olive. They are extremely comfortable.
Shackets are everywhere. The one shown is Thread & Supply and is still available in the light blue. I got it in gray/white plaid. Watch my Facebook Live if you are interested in that. I have an extra one and I’ll be offering it to anyone who wants to purchase it. 31.90!
I can’t believe the North Face coat is still available in gray. I think everyone needs this! Favorite Pant is by Spanx. The skinny is on the sale but it’s also available in a straight cut or boot cut.
Leather jackets are selling quickly but this Halogen one is still available. Treasure and Bond (another Nordstrom brand) impresses me occasionally and this turtleneck dress was a winner. I bought it in gray and it’s still available. It will be perfect with a leather jacket, denim jacket and a boot. I’m also a fan of this affordable tank dress which is so nicely priced at $49!
Well I did it! I made the above graphic on Tuesday. Most of the favorites I picked are still available. This wraps up the #nsale coverage for another year. I hope you enjoyed it. I’d love to hear about some of your favorites.