Well my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items have finally arrived. Although I was ready to move on from this, I realized there is a week left, and I wanted to do a try-on session so you can see if anything piques your interest before prices go up.
I’ve been joking that my order must have been “coming by mule train.” Yes it was slow due to the glitches in the system the first few days. We get spoiled in the days of Amazon Prime and Zappos don’t we?
This delay caused a ripple effect. Let me explain. As I said, this sale blew up on social media. Bloggers and influencers were promoting it and telling everyone to order double sizes. Not a bad idea. Yet if thousands are doing this, think of what that does to inventory early on.
People are just now getting their orders and trying on. If they live close to the store and want it off their credit cards, returns are happening now. If they have to mail it back, are on vacation, or don’t get around to returns, this slows down the whole process and inventory stays depleted.
I DO think this is a key week for returns. Watch your favorites closely. BOOKMARK my posts for things you liked. Click on the items and it will bring you to the site quickly to place the order. I tried to update things on my posts with what is left in stock. Here are links to past posts: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
We are having some warm weather here in Portland. Yes I have air conditioning but my upstairs is warm even with fans! I had to do this quickly so my accessories are lacking!
***I’ve linked everything below through text and NOT the pictures this time since several items were shown in each photo. When you click and order through my links it helps and provides me a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting my business.
1. Halogen Tees: Perfect layering piece. There is a slight rib to offer some texture. There are some sizes/colors in stock. Remember to consider Petite sizes if there is an option. For example, unless you have a really long torso and long arms, you can often size up ONE. If you’re a Medium, order a Large Petite. Runs true. I was a Large in these or XLP
I bought these in 2 colors. You’ll see it under the gray jacket below. The pink apricot is the BEST shade. Think of the pop of color this will provide for all your neutrals–especially nice with navy and gray.
2. Kut from the Kloth jacket. Watch this one to come back in sizes and colors. Size down. I’m a medium. For the price, you can’t beat it. It’s washable faux suede. KEEP.
3. Paige Denim: I have these on in every picture for reference. Although I liked the straighter cut and lighter wash, these are GOING BACK–too similar to something I have and for the price I don’t need two.
4. Hinge Leather Jacket: I’ve been looking for a chocolate brown leather jacket to replace one I bought at the Rack about 10 years ago. Black rules in fashion so it’s been hard to find. This is a MAYBE and I’m ordering another jacket to compare. It’s on the way. Size Large
5. Caslon Utility Jacket: Still in stock in Olive and the camo print I think, but probably not for long. Camo is very in right now! It’s a comfortable lightweight jacket that will be really versatile. If you can’t get your size, this type of jacket may be something you want to add down the road so keep it in mind. Runs a little generous. I wore a Medium.
6. Caslon Skirt comes in the Camo print, olive and gray. It caught my eye in the store. I never would have chosen it had I seen it on the site first. I don’t like how it looks on the model, and I may even hem mine a little if I keep it. Obviously I don’t need two things in a camo print. Do you have any feedback on which one stays? I am leaning towards the skirt now that I’ve shown you all how to dress down your skirts/dresses. Runs generous. I sized down one size.
7. J Crew Topper: I spotted this in the catalog and knew I wanted it. Always a fan of cobalt blue, but there are several colors still in stock. I liked the way it fit. I would say it ran a little generous especially for J Crew. Probably a KEEPER. I ordered sz 10
8. Halogen Black and white striped top: It’s almost sold out. But I found another one from J CREW that I really liked on as well and maybe better. It looks especially great in the green and white. If I keep this one, I will likely hem the sleeve just a little. And while I love to mix metals, I laughed when I saw the bracelets with this outfit. Like I said, I was starting to get very warm and there was no time to fuss! This is a MAYBE and it runs big. Size down. I’m in Medium
9. Caslon Cargo Pant: Last year I bought a burgudy pair of denim that I wore constantly. At this price I thought it might be a good idea to add the same color with a little different style. Size ONE down for sure in these. Normally I wouldn’t put the Stella & Dot top with these (a little casual) but after yesterday’s post I wanted you to get another angle of the asymmetrical top, and I alway like a neutral with a colored bottom so was “killing two birds with one stone.” KEEP and will definitely looked better hemmed!
10. Booties: Both pairs in the pictures are Kork-Ease–a brand I discovered several years ago and most women have not heard of them. Burgundy Mesa.// Kasper Bootie in Gray They are so comfortable and have a larger toe box which works well with my foot. Having a really hard time deciding if I need BOTH.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the items. Prices go up August 6th.
I hope you have enjoyed the Anniversary Sale coverage I provided for you!
ODDS and ENDS (not sale related ) I have had the hardest time finding a pair of shorts the last few years. So when I came across these Wit & Wisdom I was so happy! They are a super great fit and come in different washes and colors. Grab a pair before they sell out!
I will be in Dallas next week for my son’s wedding so be sure and check Instagram and Facebook for photo updates!